Wednesday 11 June 2014

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Review





Revlon is one of my favourite high street brands for lip products. The first I tried that I feel in love with was their Lip Butters (mentioned in this post).Then I ventured into the Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick (blogged about here) and then discovered their Colorburst Balm Stains (mentioned in this post)! I was a massive fan of the Balms so my excitement levels were extremely high when I heard the release of the new Colorburst Lacquer Balm and Colorburst Matte Balms. Although I'm yet to try out the Lacquer Balm I couldn't stop myself from purchasing one of the Matte Balms.

I needed a new bright red colour and thought that 240 Striking Spectaculaire was beautiful and a perfect addition to my collection. The colour payoff is brilliant and dries to a perfect matte appearance. Although it can be quite drying on the lips it definitely is worth it for how long the colour lasts for and if it gets too dry then I find dabbing on some lip balm sorts it out. 

I find the colour to last for around 6 hours with no touch ups but that obviously depends on eating/drinking. This is one of my favourite shades of red on the lips as it's extremely bright and bold with a hint of orange and a blue undertone which leaves the teeth looking whiter and brighter. There are 10 shades in the range and for only £7.99 each (from Boots) I can't wait to try out more!

Thanks for reading
Iona x

Bloglovin'- TheLittleLassie
Twitter- ionaTLL
Instagram- thelittlelassie
Youtube - TheLittleLassies


Above is the colour after a couple of hours and below is a picture of the colour at the end of the day after about 6-7 hours. I didn't touch up at all but I hadn't eaten and only drunk out of a bottle which I think helped it last.

No comments:

Post a Comment