Wednesday 30 September 2015

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation



Recently I got a sample of Rimmel London's Match Perfection Foundation in a magazine. I had been wanting to try this foundation for a while as I've heard many great things about it so I thought I would see how it lasted throughout a day. 

I applied it around noon using my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and did my usual make-up along with it. I then took a photo after applying it, around 4pm and then around 10:30pm when I got home from work to see how it handled itself over the course of a full day.

On application I found the foundation applied really nicely. Luckily the shade in the sample was an alright shade for me so I didn't have to over bronze or anything to try match it up to my skin. Throughout the day I found it gave a medium coverage, sat nicely on the skin and did feel nice and light. 

However, come 4pm and it a bit of shine was coming through. Not a huge amount, I think I could still get away with a 'healthy glow' going on but normally I wouldv'e powdered around then to keep the shine at bay. But because I wanted to really test the foundation and see what it could do I resisted powdering and left it be.

Come 10:30pm and as you can see from the photo the foundation had pretty much disappeared and my skin was extremely oily and shiny! Now I do have very oily skin so I don't blame the foundation fully for this and I do think that maybe if I'd powdered a bit more throughout the day then it wouldv'e lasted better and of course not been so blooming shiny! 

So, although I'm not going to rush out and buy this foundation, as I don't think it's for oily skin at all,  for everyone else I do think it's nice and worth checking out! 

Thanks for reading
Iona x

Bloglovin'- TheLittleLassie
Twitter- ionaTLL
Instagram- thelittlelassie
Youtube - TheLittleLassies


No comments:

Post a Comment