Wednesday 21 October 2015

New Hair, New You


I have pretty much had the same hair cut my entire life...long! Even since I can remember my hair has always fallen all the way down my back and my first trip to the hairdressers wasn't until I was in high school- my mother had always trimmed my hair for me. And even once I had started to get it cut it never went above my elbow length.

When I was 17 I had a moment of bravery/madness and got it cut really short- at the time it was how Victoria Beckham had her hair where it was really short at the back getting longer at the front and fell just half way down her neck. Although I liked this look it was too much faff for me to keep up so soon enough I was back to my old ways...until now!

Earlier this week I returned from the hairdressers and for the second time in my entire life I'd had my hair cut above my elbow length...even above my shoulders! For me this is a big move and took months of preparing myself for but I do not regret it at all.

I don't know about anyone else but I get bored with my appearance quite easily and find my hair as an escape of this boredom so like to change it up quite a bit. I literally feel like a whole new person and find it so rejuvenating getting a new do done! So really I think to point to this post is to encourage people to just go for it if they're thinking about getting a new look. Ask the hairdresser what they think will suit you, close your eyes and just go for it! And if you don't like it then don't worry...it'll grow on you ;)  

Thanks for reading
Iona x

Bloglovin'- TheLittleLassie
Twitter- ionaTLL
Instagram- thelittlelassie
Youtube - TheLittleLassies

No comments:

Post a Comment