Wednesday 17 February 2016

Beauty Sleep



Sometimes I'm a really bad sleeper. I go through phases of taking hours to fall asleep then waking up constantly throughout the night, leaving me a wreck during the day and looking like death barely warmed up.

I have managed to find a couple of things to help me get through these bad nights and has helped me get back a much better sleep pattern.

First tip would be listen to music. I think this helps me as, due to my fear of the dark, if I hear the slightest sound my mind is immediately alert and trying to work out what/where it was. I now have a playlist on my ipad which I leave on playing through and it then turns itself off once it's complete.

Second tip is to read before bed. This helps my mind to relax and also stops me from watching countless youtube/netflix videos which keeps my mind ticking and keeps me up for longer.

Third tip is to keep the bed for night time only. I now never lye in my bed unless it's at nighttime and for sleep. This helps my body recognise the fact that it's time to sleep which causes it to start to relax and shut down as soon as i lay down.

My final tip, and the reason for this post, it the ThisWorks Deep Sleep Pillow Spray. I cannot stress how much this has helped me sleep better at night. I spray it on my duvet as I go to bed and immediately feel the results. The lavender scent helps the body relax, helping you doze off faster and also helps me sleep deeper. I wake up feeling so much more refreshed than when I don't use it and feel like I've had more hours sleep than I've actual had.

If anyone else has any other tips then let us know in the comments below!

Thanks for reading
Iona x

Bloglovin'- TheLittleLassie
Twitter- ionaTLL
Instagram- thelittlelassie
Youtube - TheLittleLassies


No comments:

Post a Comment