Sunday 14 May 2017

May's Glossybox & Birchbox



For this month's Glossybox and Birchbox reviews I thought I would combine them into the same post to make it easier to compare the two. 

First up, Birchbox;



Marsk Mineral Eyeshadow - Vanilla Frosting - RRP £14.49
Luckily we got to choose between two shades and I went for Vanilla Frosting as I already had the other one. I've not opened this one yet as they can often be quite messy but this looks like it'll be a great shadow to highlight the brow bone and inner corner of the eye

Doucce Punk Volumizer Mascara - RRP £18 (for the full size)
This is a Birchbox exclusive and I'm always excited to try a new mascara. The brush is massive so I'm not sure how I'll get on but I'll give it a go and let you know

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant - RRP £8 (for the full size)
What a mouthful that name is and quite frankly I don't understand it. However, I like any product which I can apply with a cotton pad and not have to wash off so I think it'll be easy to incorporate this into my skincare routine. It claims to clear and calm skin so I may wait until I'm having a break out before trying this one out

Beauty Protector Protect & Volume - RRP £18.50 (for the full size)
I have another product by this brand which I'm yet to get round to trying so I still have no expectations of the brand. Having said that, anything that claims to give volume is alright by me!

Whish Firming Body Cream - RRP £27 (for the full size)
Again this is a brand which I've received in previous beauty boxes and I enjoyed it previously. The packaging doesn't blow me away and make me think it's worth £27 but that doesn't change what's on the inside so I'm still looking forward to trying this

And now, Glossybox;




Scrub Love Active Charcoal Body Scrub - RRP £13.95 (for the full size)
I absolutely LOVE body scrubs like this as they really do leave your skin feeling silky soft. I've not tried this brand before but I've just run out of my current body scrub so will crack this open soon. I also love using charcoal products on the skin as I think they're great at clearing the skin from toxins and giving it a really good, deep clean

Dr PawPaw Original Balm - RRP £6.95
This is the product which I'm most happy about from both boxes as my current tube of this, which I got in Australia, is about to run out and I can't find it anywhere in Edinburgh! So, as I was about to give up hope I received it in this months box. So happy!

Ruby Powder Blush in Coral - RRP €14.99
It's been a while since I used a powder blush as I'm having a love affair with a cream blush I got in a Glossybox months ago but this one may change that for me. The shade of this is just beautiful and seems perfect for Summer

Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet - RRP £23 (for the full size)
Everyone know that Caudalie is a great skincare brand so I'm very excited to try this out. The fact this is called a sorbet makes me love it even more so I can't wait to try this out. My only fear is I'll love it too much and have to buy a full size, which is much more expensive than my usual moisturiser!

Daily Concepts - RRP £4
I love that this has two sides to it, a softer and rougher side, which means you can alter it for different parts of your body making this even more versatile than an ordinary exfoliator. Using this along with the scrub will definitely mean my skin will be Summer ready!

So, between the two boxes my favourite would be Glossybox this month as it has three full size items and I'm genuinely excited about all the products. Birchbox has my favourite designed box that I've received yet and think it just looks beautiful.

If you received any beauty boxes then leave a comment letting me know what you thought of them and if you have any recommendations!

Thanks for reading
Iona x

Bloglovin'- TheLittleLassie
Twitter- ionaTLL
Instagram- thelittlelassie
Youtube - TheLittleLassies

No comments:

Post a Comment