Sunday 4 March 2018

Morning and Evening Skincare Routine

I did not realise until writing this post how many Simple products I'm currently using but turns out that most of my morning and evening skincare routine is by them! It's not overly surprising though as when I'm a bit on a budget Simple is my go to skincare brand and one which I'd recommend to anyone who's starting out in the world of skincare. But let's see what else I use...


Morning
So my morning routine is kept very simple and quick as I don't often have a lot of time spare. In the shower I will use a face scrub/wash of sorts and then, after fueling up on breakfast, I make a start of my skincare. I always start with a cleansing water and I'm currently using the Garner Micellar Cleansing Water. This has been my favourite one for a long time and is always my go to. Especially when the bottles are so huge and therefore last ages! I then follow with Simple Soothing Facial Toner. After a swift cleanse and tone I will then use a serum and have recently discovered the Simple Hydrating Booster. I started using this when it came out at the beginning of Winter and haven't gone a day without it since. It is exactly what it says and gives your skin a boost of hydration which mine definitely needs during the colder months. My final step is to moisturise with a light moisturiser. Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser is a perfect product for the job as it's light on the skin, soaks in quickly and make-up sits beautifully on top. 


Evening
As soon as I'm home from work I head straight into my bathroom and take my make-up off. I love to use either the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser or the Simple (surprise surprise) Oil Cleanser which I've actually just used up which is why it's not in the picture. If my skin then feels tight then I'll pop on some moisturiser at this stage but if it doesn't then I leave me skin naked and able to breathe. When it's finally time for bedtime I get down to business with a bit more of a busy skincare routine. A lot of products from the morning routine appear again so the main difference in the evening is I like to use a thicker and more nourishing moisturiser. Often I use oils and recently finished the Neal's Yard Beauty Balm which I absolutely LOVE (and you can read about here) but at the moment I'm back to a cream and I'm absolutely loving the Pixi Beauty Sleep Cream. I've also written a post about this product here which will tell you all about my thoughts on it. I will then follow on with an eye cream and currently using the Boots Time Delay Anti-Aging Eye Cream. My eyes can be very sensitive with eyes creams (including the Simple one!) but gets on well with this one from Boots which is also very affordable so a winner!

And after all that I'm ready for bed, to then wake-up and do it all over again! I actually really enjoy skincare routines so if you have any product recommendations for me to add into mine then please let me know!!

Thanks for reading
Iona x

Bloglovin'- TheLittleLassie
Twitter- ionaTLL
Instagram- thelittlelassie
Youtube - TheLittleLassies

No comments:

Post a Comment